Smaller video cameras have made videos as ubiquitous
as photogrphs for documenting our lives. Now we can carry and camcorder
around as easily as a phot camera to capture every moment in full color
Easy Media Creator offers powerful video editing and enhancement tools
so you can tell your personal story whether it be a long vacation, a
funny interaction between your dog and cat that you want to post on
the internet, or your kids great achivements to share with proud family
How it's done:
Adding photos and video clips:
Trimming video clips:
- In the Add Content pane, click Add Photo/Video.
- In the Insert photos/videos dialog box, browse your computer
for media files using the tabs at the upper-left of this dialog
- Select the photos and video clips you want to use, and then click
Open. The media is shown in the Production
Editor pane at the bottom of the VideoWave window.
Adding transitions, overlays and video effects:
- Right-click on a video clip in the Production Editor
pane and select Trim.
- In the Video Trimmer dialog box, drag either the Start
Point marker or End Point marker to change where the
video clip starts or ends. You can also drag the Start Point
job wheel or the End Point jog wheel left or right
to the position the new start point or end point.
- After you are satisfied with the changes you made, click OK.
Changing between Storyline and Timeline view:
- In the Add Content pane, select Add Transition,
Add Overlay or Add Video Effect.
- In the dialog box, click the arrow icon on any thumbnail to preview
- Click to select your desired effect and then click OK.
- From the options that appear, choose how you want to insert the
- In the Production Editor pane, click Storyline
Tip: When you are in the Timeline view, you can
choose the Timeline options from the View menu (Zoom In, Zoom Out,
Tracks, or Snap Objects).
Working with markers in Timeline view:
Markers allow you to easily skip to a selected position in the movie. You can also use markers to define the beginning and end of a section to be deleted.
- To add a marker to your movie:
- Move the playback head to the position at which you want
to add the marker, either by dragging, or using the Preview
- On the Timeline marker track, click '+' (plus).
- To delete a marker in your movie:
- Click the marker you want to delete.
- On the Timeline marker track, click '-' (minus).
- To delete a section of your production between two markers:
- Add a marker at the beginning and end of the section to be deleted.
- Click the Timeline marker track between the two
- On the Timeline marker track, click Trim selected
- Converting markers to chapters in MyDVD:
- In MyDVD, right-click the production whose markers you
want to convert, and choose Edit Movie.
- Click Timeline to display the Timeline
- Right-click the marker you want to convert to a chapter,
and choose Convert to chapter marker.
Automatic video color correction:
- Select your video clip in the Production Editor pane.
- Click the Auto-color button on the toolbar.
Tip: You can also manually color correct by clicking on the Settings button on the toolbar.
Outputting your production in different formats:
- Select File -> Output As.
- Click the button that matches how you want to output your production:
Video File: Save your production as a video
file. You will be able to choose different types.
record the production on a DV camera that is connected to your
TV/VCR: record the production on
a TV or VCR that is connected to your computer.
Save your production as an e-mail-friendly video clip, automatically
attached to a new e-mail created message using your default
- Under Video file quality, choose one of the output
- In the File name text box, type a name for your video
file. To save the production in a location other than the one
shown, click Browse.
- Click Create Video File to generate your production.
- Click Close to close the dialog box.